HID problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isnt there a slight bump on the factory part that prevents it from going into B1 anyway?

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used DDM's Raptor kits? I've been hunting for HID's for my fogs, came across these, but looking for opinions. Also curious about you guys running HID's in your fogs - no issues with heat? Did you use a harness?

BTW, I'm rolling a 2005 Hoe with 880 fog lamps. Since they're only 27w, I'm thinking a harness might be in order for any HID install.

OP
OP
Krunchy

Krunchy

Reaction score
When pluging into the balast from your factory harness... Flip the plug over. It's Chinese, everything in china is wired backwards...LOL I'm serious... Chevy's have the power and ground reversed in the plug....mine work good..

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

ditch the l3-l4.... Hook factory to b1...
I will give it a shot you would think they would tell you to do that if thats the case

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people may need to use it. It depends on the vehicle. You could use it if you wanted to but there is no point

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aftermarket kits (most) dont have the groove..they go in either way

mine wouldnt go in at all unless i cut it off

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

No harness, no heat issues?

no, 35w 880s are right for fog housings, if u got 55w, then i bet you'd melt your fog housings

OP
OP
Krunchy

Krunchy

Reaction score
When pluging into the balast from your factory harness... Flip the plug over. It's Chinese, everything in china is wired backwards...LOL I'm serious... Chevy's have the power and ground reversed in the plug....mine work good..

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

ditch the l3-l4.... Hook factory to b1...
Thanks a million that was the problem they work perfectly now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe