Hid fog light install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2003 Tahoe where are you guys mounting the ballast at when you are installing HID is your fogs?

I ziptied the ballasts to the top of the fog light. They fit on their perfectly, and it's not too heavy where it makes the foglights bounce. If you need pics, I can snap some for you to show you. But it should fit on their fine.

Some people have room behind the bumper lights and tuck the ballasts behind there and run the wires down to the fogs.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ballasts are built to be weatherproof, so splashing shouldn't matter. I don't recommend submerging them or anything, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I ziptied mine up the frame/engine/radiator mount as far as I could get them, which wasn't very far because there isn't a long connecting cord, it's like 12", maybe 18". The fogs on my truck were WAY more of a pain to install than the headlights, I can tell you that much....lol.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think you should have a problem there. If you're worried about that, I put a bead of silicone around the ballasts and resistor, and anywhere else where a wire went into a housing. Didnt do it around the bulb so I could remove it whenever, but then again, silicone strips off easily if you need to replace bulbs. Just wrapped some electrical tape around the wire just to be safe. But you shouldn't have any problems with water unless you're driving in 3 foot puddles.

OP
OP
J

Japowersports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well then install went smooth but I have one that is flickering like it's bouncing up and down? Is there a fix?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent experienced the flicker so I cant help you there, but I have seen some threads where someone had the same problem. Maybe do a search or look around to see if you can find something. Sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian