HID DRL problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in a DDM 35w 6000K hi/lo kit in my 2009 Yukon. The lights turn on and off great by the switch and auto lights. However the passenger side DRL light mode lights up on occasion. The drivers is on all the time.
I called DDM and they said this is a common problem with HID and non-HID for this car. I couldn't find anything about it on this site. Any suggetions? and yes I did use the harness
Thanks

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im confused, are you saying that when your lights are off your pass DRL lights up sometimes?

your DRLs shouldnt have anything to do with HID systems. And DDM doesnt know anything about NNBS tahoes, haha, they always say "its common"

OP
OP
J

jcp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im confused, are you saying that when your lights are off your pass DRL lights up sometimes?

your DRLs shouldnt have anything to do with HID systems. And DDM doesnt know anything about NNBS tahoes, haha, they always say "its common"

Thats correct when I'm just driving normal, and the DRL should be on. the Drivers is always on, like it should be. The passenger side however has a mind of its own sometimes on sometimes off.

I don't mind pulling the fuse for the drl to save the life of the bulb I just don't want to something to break all of a sudden

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH, you have a yukon, for some reason i was thinking tahoe! ha sorry

then yes you should pull the drl fuse

Lyrikz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in a DDM 35w 6000K hi/lo kit in my 2009 Yukon. The lights turn on and off great by the switch and auto lights. However the passenger side DRL light mode lights up on occasion. The drivers is on all the time.
I called DDM and they said this is a common problem with HID and non-HID for this car. I couldn't find anything about it on this site. Any suggetions? and yes I did use the harness
Thanks

How much did the kit cost.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing with them. I've replaced a bunch of stuff and it started doing it again, always the pass side. Finally I talked to somebody who said that it was the drl's. I unplugged the DRL fuse and left the DRL2 fuse. Worked great, and I haven't had a problem since.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing with them. I've replaced a bunch of stuff and it started doing it again, always the pass side. Finally I talked to somebody who said that it was the drl's. I unplugged the DRL fuse and left the DRL2 fuse. Worked great, and I haven't had a problem since.

Which fuse is the DRL? Both of mine always light up everytime, but I always turn them off during the day.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nasty,
Its under the hood and labeled DRL. Maybe its number 32,33,34....something like that. There were 2 DRL Fuses, DRL and DRL2. I pulled DRL and it turned both of them off. I'm not sure what the other fuse does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts