Hi from newbie in Detroit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misterp65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was size rims do you have
Hi all. Just bought a 2016 Yukon Denali AWD. This is my third Yukon. My others were stock but this one I plan to do some work on. My plan is to build a Yukon GT if GMC built one today. I’ve already installed new Magride shocks and a MaxTrac 2/3 drop (see pic). Mechanical mods in the works include a lumpy cam, long tubes and exhaust. On the outside I’m going to do a little debadging and dechroming. I also have a plan to replace the Denali grille.

I looked forever for a truck with retractable boards but I couldn’t find one in my budget. I would like to remove these Dumbo-ear fixed running boards and replace them with just side skirts but they don’t exist. So I may end up trying to convert to factory retractable boards. I work at a GM dealership so there’s a chance I can get the parts and have access to the expertise to do it. Any advice would be appreciated!

View attachment 362528
What size wheels ?

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay on the update but life‘s been a bit crazy. I did a Texas Speed stage I cam, stainless long tubes, Magnaflow exhaust, and a cold air kit. The truck runs way quicker even in the base tune that I have now. However I can only drive in tow/haul mode. The converter doesn’t like the low rpm’s. It has a dyno appointment on the 22nd so I’m sure they’ll iron it out. It also needs to go to an exhaust shop. The 3 1/2 inch exhaust taps on the crossmember and the steering shaft a little bit. They are going to clearance it for me. And they’re going to hack off this ridiculous sewer pipe exhaust tip that came on the resonator and put just a standard turn down on it. I also did a little window tinting and de-badged it. Added a couple to the back too .CF078C42-AD3B-4FFE-B1B2-AE3C8584A85C.jpeg007D7496-F56F-473A-96CA-B802C88F600B.jpeg4A0FD1F9-EB3F-4E94-8619-7395503C8097.jpeg17ECBF20-B20D-4BBA-9312-0DAA3EE7A056.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay on the update but life‘s been a bit crazy. I did a Texas Speed stage I cam, stainless long tubes, Magnaflow exhaust, and a cold air kit. The truck runs way quicker even in the base tune that I have now. However I can only drive in tow/haul mode. The converter doesn’t like the low rpm’s. It has a dyno appointment on the 22nd so I’m sure they’ll iron it out. It also needs to go to an exhaust shop. The 3 1/2 inch exhaust taps on the crossmember and the steering shaft a little bit. They are going to clearance it for me. And they’re going to hack off this ridiculous sewer pipe exhaust tip that came on the resonator and put just a standard turn down on it. I also did a little window tinting and de-badged it. Added a couple to the back too .View attachment 378004View attachment 378002View attachment 378001View attachment 378003
I really like the "GT" on the gate. Looks oem.

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started a project thread if you’d like to follow along…

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You are correct this is a great forum. I've been around awhile and have owned many different brands and have been part of numerous forums. This forum is by far one of the best forums I have been a part of - so much knowledge and willingness to help. You will learn so much about your new purchase.

InDaHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Just bought a 2016 Yukon Denali AWD. This is my third Yukon. My others were stock but this one I plan to do some work on. My plan is to build a Yukon GT if GMC built one today. I’ve already installed new Magride shocks and a MaxTrac 2/3 drop (see pic). Mechanical mods in the works include a lumpy cam, long tubes and exhaust. On the outside I’m going to do a little debadging and dechroming. I also have a plan to replace the Denali grille.

I looked forever for a truck with retractable boards but I couldn’t find one in my budget. I would like to remove these Dumbo-ear fixed running boards and replace them with just side skirts but they don’t exist. So I may end up trying to convert to factory retractable boards. I work at a GM dealership so there’s a chance I can get the parts and have access to the expertise to do it. Any advice would be appreciated!

View attachment 362528
Very nice looking GMC. I'm from the Detroit area as well maybe a club meeting at Bell-isle is in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20