Hesitant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jossix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just received CCM leveling kit for my 09 Yukon but am now hesitant to install it. I do not know how the Yukon would look lifted
with the stock 17 inch wheels.Does any one have a similar setup? would wheel gap be too big? Perhaps I should wait until I get bigger wheels. I would appreciate your opinions.

Last edited:

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't look too bad with stock 17s and stock rubber. I had my leveling kit in with stock 20s and stock rubber for a day or two before getting my new tires mounted. I'm not a fan a big rims so I would say just keep your 17s and get some monster tires!

If youre curious just go out and jack up the front two and a half inches under the front cross-member. There should be enough suspension play that your tires will stay on the ground (or close to it). You could unbolt the sway bar end links if you need a little more travel so you can see how it might look...

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
it sounds like you dont want it anymore. I would return it and get a refund. If you are sweating the small stuff, wheel/tire gap, then its not for you. later down the road you;ll find some other reason to "hate" your leveling kit. either way good luck

RSymons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like trucks to have a little rake but thats just me.

OP
OP
J

jossix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A little more rake? I don't know what that means.
I plan on installing the kit right after I return from vacation at the end of July

RSymons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaning slightly to the front! Not leaning slightly to the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts