Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
ok guys 2 weeks ago my hoe started acting funny. when u first start it up (almost every time) the truck is VERY sluggish. almost like its not getting gas. put a gauge on it and the fuel PSI was in the low 50s :wtf: . figured my pup was going bad, so I replaced the fuel pump ( dealer part ) and a fuel filter ( wix ). PSI came back up in rage so I assumed problem solved. WRONG!! got in it this morning and right back to no power. after u drive it things seem normal. go to lunch today same prob. I have sense let it sit and idle for a bit before taking off. any one have any ideas on what else I need to check out?

Nickn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it throwing any codes? How is idle when first started (smooth/choppy/too high or low)

OP
OP
jerryjoe28

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
No codes, when u first start it it idles fine no problems until u start moving

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dirty MAF?
I agree with this. Dirty mass air flow?

Something isn't operating correctly but is still operational since it hasn't produced a code or the SES light isn't on.
Which means something may be dirty or out of calibration so to speak, by that I mean it still works but it isn't reading right.

If it were mine I'd check any sensor that effected the fuel mixture.
Your air is controlled by the accelerator cable so the computer has to mix the fuel to the amount of air intake.

Check and clean the mass air flow/ whole intake system if anything is dirty in there.
The MAF as well.
Um... Both 02 sensors that are inline before the catalytic converters

Maybe even the fuel PSI.
When I change my oil, I buy a can of seafoam and put it in my tank, and fill my tank up when I'm done.

OP
OP
jerryjoe28

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I cleaned the MAF sunday night... no change. any way to test and see if its going bad? both O2 sensors where replaced in march so I doubt that is the problem. any other ideas?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
at idle you should 4-7 g/s at wide open throttle you should get 100 g/s or at the time you have the 1-2 shift. of course you should have a smooth increase as the engine rpm goes up.