Help with bumper(s) purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am wanting to make my front and rear bumpers black. I am not wanting to get a whole new type of bumper because I am wanting to keep my fogs and tow package how it is.
I have a 2004 Tahoe LT with the chrome bumpers and no one in my city or the next one over will touch chrome except for one guy who will powder coat them, which I don't want.
So, I was hoping you guys could help in deciding which front and rear to go with and if they are what I am looking for. I have a friend who will paint them for cheap so I'm not worried about the painting part. I am just unsure of the price difference and shipping difference.

The front bumpers.
Expensive
Cheap. It might just be the angle but the larger horizontal holes, whatever they are called, look a little too tall compared to the other one. Maybe it's just me.

With these would I just snap in that top plastic like cover on the top of the bumper and then bolt the bottom air dam on?

The rear bumpers.
Expensive
Cheap. The cost + shipping is cheaper than the expensive one.

With these it just looks like a straight bolt onto the truck and a little wiring and you're done.

So, I am basically wondering if the difference between the expensive bumpers and the cheap bumpers is purely the price, because they both look the same to me. Thanks for any help.

MrBalll

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 tahoe and plan to do the same thing to my front and back bumpers. They are chrome now and I plan on painting it black to match the rest of the truck. My rear bumper is damaged so I am going to replace that with a primered bumper. I'm leaving the front and painting over the chrome after sanding, priming, adhesion promoter, etc.

Check out LMC Truck for the primered bumpers. Ready to paint

front bumper #39-5228 for $100
rear bumper #39-9946 for $190. Says it's for a a yukon, but I think it will fit a 01-06 tahoe.

Last edited:

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just get bumper covers and paint them black

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stylin trucks has quite a few options for covers if your thinking about going that route. Just another option.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here i got one for you 100.00 shipped and front for 150.00
for the front
DSC04205.jpg
and one for the rear
100_1681.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member