Help! What part did I just break?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CapitalMark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm crawling my not so tiny self into my engine compartment to change my spark plugs on my '02 yukon, and suddenly I hear a "snap" then radiator fluid starts leaking. It was a plastic coupling that connects two metal tubes, one of which goes into the dash through my engine compartment. Pretty sure it has to do with the heater. Anyway, does anyone know what the name of this part is?? I'll attach pictures. Thank you in advance for any help.
9e1a2f935b82699505684566e1f58b45.jpg

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the heater hose attachment. Pain in the a$$ to replace. I have one sitting in my son's truck because it's leaking a bit and need to replace. They cost about $20. You will need to get the 3 way connector and the hose connector.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was the initial thought but tightening the clamp was problematic

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you didn't get coolant down that open tranny dipstick tube! Those connectors are PITA all right. So much so that I didn't trust a regular garage to do it so I went to dealer. 13 y/o plastic connectors going to firewall? No thanks, I let someone else screw it up.

OP
OP
CapitalMark

CapitalMark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, luckily it didnt. How much did they charge you at the dealership? She's got 310,000 miles on her, but she runs real strong. It might be worth paying someone to do it right.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, luckily it didnt. How much did they charge you at the dealership? She's got 310,000 miles on her, but she runs real strong. It might be worth paying someone to do it right.

the dealer I took it to told me $400 because they would have to spend lots of time cleaning up the coolant plus the part from them is $80 instead of $15 to $20 at a parts store.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine broke exactly like yours couple years ago. I just removed the broken part, installed a new universal tee connector and used hose clamps to connect. ALOT easier than replacing with a new OE replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo