Help!!.. Un theftlock my navigation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
I had the factory single cd and cassette player in my 2004 yukon denali with bose in my truck and went to switch wit a friend with a 2005 chevy suburban with bose that had the navigation setup. i pluged it into mine and it says "THEFTLOCK ACTIVATED" i unplugged it for a minute then plugged it back in before i left his house so ididnt have an open space there,and it turned on and worked but the volume wouldnt turn up loud..THEN i cranked the truck over to start and it said "THEFTLOCK ACTIVATED" again and now stays on..is there any way to clear this theft lock without taking it to the dealership?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope it needs to be programmed to your truck.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will take then 10 minutes to hook up to a tech 2 scanner and charge you between $50-$120

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
damn ok. well also i hear that sometimes they arent able to unlock it,so is that happens where do i go from there? and also another quick question i noticed that on the back of the navigation radio that it has a green plugin as well that mine doesnt..is that the navigation antenna wire? and if so is it easy to install in in my denali?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn ok. well also i hear that sometimes they arent able to unlock it,so is that happens where do i go from there? and also another quick question i noticed that on the back of the navigation radio that it has a green plugin as well that mine doesnt..is that the navigation antenna wire? and if so is it easy to install in in my denali?

Well, there are two types of systems in those vehicles. LUX and Non-Lux. Usually the LUX models are in the Denali and Escalade models. and the non LUX is the regular yukons and tahoes. Maybe someone else can answer better, but I think you might need a LUX radio. If they program the radio for your truck, but yet you get no sound, that means your not match LUX for LUX or non LUX to non LUX. You can either send that radio off to get completely redone and changed to to your needs, or simply not worry about it and get an aftermarket radio.

you can do a search because there are plenty of threads about this. Here's some for example

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34196
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46206
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3340

Yes that's for the GPS. You would have to buy the antenna and it goes behind the radio real close to the winshield. There's a metal platform that the OEM one bolts to.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep this is normal. I put this screen in my Avy and paid a dealer to reprogram it for $100. It said the same thing on my screen before the reprogram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700