HELP 2018 YUKON electrical issue, now it won’t start up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IsmaelSalas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*No low oil pressure warning still, still in normal range.
*New battery installed recently.

Hello, I’m new to the forum. I have a 2018 YUKON with 71K miles. Every time it needs oil change it starts “acting funny”. For ex: It will pretend to want to turn off but will somehow stay on, it does not lose power however. Then after a certain amount of time it will just shut off on me. When I got home yesterday as soon as I parked it, it shuts off.

Today it still won’t turn on, what do I do? I am not a mechanic, and don’t have any vehicle. Please anyone help. No power at all, none. Oil change was barely due, there is something else going with the truck, any other same problems as mine.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*No low oil pressure warning still, still in normal range.
*New battery installed recently.

Hello, I’m new to the forum. I have a 2018 YUKON with 71K miles. Every time it needs oil change it starts “acting funny”. For ex: It will pretend to want to turn off but will somehow stay on, it does not lose power however. Then after a certain amount of time it will just shut off on me. When I got home yesterday as soon as I parked it, it shuts off.

Today it still won’t turn on, what do I do? I am not a mechanic, and don’t have any vehicle. Please anyone help. No power at all, none. Oil change was barely due, there is something else going with the truck, any other same problems as mine.
start by checking the battery cables and grounds, even though the battery is new might be wise to have it checked just to rule it out

OP
OP
I

IsmaelSalas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thanks @ Doubeleive the red cable was tight and snug but after wiggling back and forth, it beeped. Weird. Thank you, any idea why it would be doing that when cable was clearly on snug?​

Million thanks, again.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks @ Doubeleive the red cable was tight and snug but after wiggling back and forth, it beeped. Weird. Thank you, any idea why it would be doing that when cable was clearly on snug?​

Million thanks, again.
the battery cables can corrode or go bad from the inside, normally it shouldn't do anything by wiggling the cable unless it is loose

OP
OP
I

IsmaelSalas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it, thanks again. I really appreciate your time and help and this issue I was having. Thanks again. My apologies was not aware I was in wrong section but glad you moved it here. Thank you.
Thanks to whoever owns this forum for making it possible for people like me to join and get advice, also give advice. Cool place.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@IsmaelSalas wrote, "Thanks to whoever owns this forum for making it possible for people like me to join and get advice, also give advice. Cool place."

Just one more reason why this Forum rocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar