Help! Starts strong. Dies instantly. Every time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
Yes that was it - thanks for the pointer.

That wasn't my video, incidentally.

I learned three possible fixes, only the 30 minute one worked, so I had to sit in a parking lot for a half hour.

Now the security light stays on constant, which I don't even remember it being on before. I'm almost afraid to try remote start again.

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
Yes that was it - thanks for the pointer.

That wasn't my video, incidentally.

I learned three possible fixes, only the 30 minute one worked, so I had to sit in a parking lot for a half hour.

Now the security light stays on constant, which I don't even remember it being on before. I'm almost afraid to try remote start again.

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
Not sure why that posted four times. Some sort of board glitch.

ETA: Now it's down to two times.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, security passlock fuel disable. My Tahoe does it once in a great while, and chooses the best times to set itself. Do the relearn procedure and see if that helps. If not, may need a reflash down the road.

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
Whew!

Finally got up the courage (and the potential 30 minutes to waste if it didn't work out), and tried the remote start. Works like a champ. I was deathly afraid whatever agreement the remote start had with Passlock had been revoked.

So the lesson is never use remote start after correcting a no/dead battery situation.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out.

I'd ditch the remote start...it sounds like something isn't right with it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes almost exactly 10 minutes with key on till security light stops blinking, then shut off wait.....maybe 30 seconds or so, should start right up after that and be fine, mine used to do it all the time P.I.T.A. if it keeps on doing it then you'll likely need a new ignition switch and/or casing, sometimes just replacing the ignition switch will resolve it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10