Help! Sounds like a chopper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just recently I noticed when on the freeway it sounds like there's a chopper (helicopter) under my hood, somewhere in the front end. It is intermittent and I can slightly feel it on the floor. I don't hear or feel it while city driving. I can also hear a squeaking sound that correlates with wheel spin and not suspension bounce when I'm driving around parking lots (5-15 mph). Any help or suggestions of where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the choppy sound I don't have a good answer. Does it have any vibration along with it? But the squeak by what you are describing sounds like a u-joint is dry and needs replaced.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the choppy sound I don't have a good answer. Does it have any vibration along with it? But the squeak by what you are describing sounds like a u-joint is dry and needs replaced.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yes, I can feel the choppiness. Sounds like it's coming from my driver's side front wheel. As for the u-joint, I'll look into that. Thanks man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro