HELP Repairing Power Lift Gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shigs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I want to help repair some aspects of our 2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for my mom. First off is the rear power lift gate.

I am not sure exactly what is wrong but I think I need to start with the two struts that hold up the rear lift gate which I think chevy calls support cylinders. Will this allow me to not have to hold up the lift gate regardless of using the power lifting or not?

Also how complicated is fixing the power lifting mechanism and how much would those parts run?

Here you can see and hear the lift gate in operation as it is today.
YouTube Video

Thank you for any insight you can provide, and feel free to simply link to someone else's DIY for the fix if there is one here.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I want to help repair some aspects of our 2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for my mom. First off is the rear power lift gate.

I am not sure exactly what is wrong but I think I need to start with the two struts that hold up the rear lift gate which I think chevy calls support cylinders. Will this allow me to not have to hold up the lift gate regardless of using the power lifting or not?

Also how complicated is fixing the power lifting mechanism and how much would those parts run?

Here you can see and hear the lift gate in operation as it is today.
YouTube Video

Thank you for any insight you can provide, and feel free to simply link to someone else's DIY for the fix if there is one here.

You are in the NBS section, 2000 - 2006.

You may want to ask this question in the NNBS section, 2007 and UP. I am sure you will have better luck there.

OP
OP
S

Shigs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I have reposted my question there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman