Help me decifer this new to me Denali's autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NateDiggity

Reaction score
Mine seems to be an on going battle. Comp runs every two minutes, but is very loud. I can hear it over the idling 6.2 100' away...

Hooked up the rv today, squatted the truck, comp fires up, but never lifted. Which is odd, because when messing with it previously I pulled an air line off and it did have some air in the line, and previously it did pump.

Has anyone had it leak back through the comp/dryer? I never found a leak at the shock or the shock air line so I'm convinced that's the leak, and it's finally deteriorated enough to just not pump at all. Either way, I may be about done with the air ride, kind of burnt out of trying to figure it out

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a real close look at the shocks. Not uncommon for them to clow out completely. Compressor could also be bad/tank blown. It will fry the compressor eventually if it's constantly running.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really easy to remove the entire compressor setup. You loosen three 13mm nuts on the inside of the frame rail, unclip a single air line from the compressor, and disconnect the wiring harness. The compressor lifts up a little and the nuts come through the frame rail. You can examine the compressor in detail on the bench. Being careful with the amperage available from a car battery jumper wires to make the compressor run.

If that works get yourself a bag of toy balloons and stuff several inside each other to increase resistance and put those over the air outlet. Tie them on securely. Run the compressor again to blow them up some and leave it. You should be able to put some soapy water on various parts of the compressor to see if there are leaks.

I read back through this thread you started and don't really see that you've spent any money nor much time working on this. Kinda early to give up.

At any rate, if the balloons don't stay inflated (and you have them securely attached) your problem is the compressor. Look back at my earlier message and dump the $209 or whatever into this. If the balloons stay up then it's the air lines or shocks. Search around and see if anyone sells a tire valve hooked to the air lines to bypass your compressor and inflate the system. There's a tee right at the compressor; take it apart and inflate just one at a time.

kablooie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this sounds like what mine was doing.... after an aftermarket compressor was installed, it would continually run. shop found a kink in an air line. fixed the kink and even installed a OEM compressor and now it only comes on when i start it up. havent had a load on the back yet to see if it will come on at any other time. but after replacing the comp, both shocks and servicing the air line, it seems to be working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076