Help lowering a 99 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1999 yukon denali. i found one on cardomain that was lowered 4 inches on 22's and thought it looked great dropped. supposedly its a belltech kit. Now what im looking at is i want a desect ride not to harsh and i want to make sure its done right. my truck is 4 wheel drive and i usually ride 23's i will go down to 22's but knowing when u drove anyvehicle u change the geometry of suspension . now a 4inch drop i know will screw with my driveshaft and the front halfshafts. i would like to know what i should do or be looking into with dropping my truck as i have torsion bars and leafs. also any info on how to bag my truck and also if 2 inch drop on 23's will work would be great.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you wont have to worry about axle angles ive lowered a lot of them
belltech front keys 1-3 inch drop
rear belltech 4 inch shackle and hanger kit
front/rear belltech street performance shocks

total is $625 shipped IF YOU SEE it for less shoot me a link I will beat anyones prices.

on the 3/4 drop ive done 285 35 22 no problem
on the 3/4 drop ive done 295 30 23 nitto no problem

Anything else just hollar

OP
OP

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
on 23's wouldn't my tires rub against my fender flares. plus i would think backspace would be a big factor with the 23's as the seem to stick out up front anyways. Im only worried bout the angle cuz when it's ready to snow i reinstall my stock rims

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

yousay you've lowered alot of them how did they ride. also do you have any pics of one lowered on 23's or at least 22's ive seen one lowered but would like to see another

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I want to lower my rear I just need shackles and a hanger aka a flip kit?

The ******** before me removed one of my leaf springs to lower the rear...should I put those back in and lower it correctly?

What is the lowest I can with a 305 tire?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
in rear you can get 4 inches with the shackles/hangers. Unless you want to notch the frame then go with the djm kit.

Shackles will give you 2 inches in the rear and hangers and shackles will be 3 or 4 inch adjustable in the rear.

If it rides ok now i would just get new djm shocks and djm shackles and will lower the back of the truck 2 more inches. Total for the shocks and the 2 inch shackles would be $150 shipped and if you see it for less ill beat it.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I have 22" rim want to keep a 305 tire with a semi decent amount of meat like 45 or 50...prefer a 50.

My current rear set up is missing a leaf spring and i have rancho shocks for a firm ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420