Help for better results with a PC 7424

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this just unitl now. But I use ALL Adams Products and use the PC for all my buffing and use the Adams Wax and Adams Machine Super Sealent. I have to say it is the best products/ customer service I have ever delt with. The wax feels like butter once done and last for a very long time (if you keep the car clean) and don't use the automatic washes that much.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/default.aspx

I second this comment regarding Adams. Use it on my vette, Yukon, and wifes Sorrento. Will never use any other product. In fact, it smells so damn good, I want to eat it :) users of Adams know what I'm talking about!

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this just unitl now. But I use ALL Adams Products and use the PC for all my buffing and use the Adams Wax and Adams Machine Super Sealent. I have to say it is the best products/ customer service I have ever delt with. The wax feels like butter once done and last for a very long time (if you keep the car clean) and don't use the automatic washes that much.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/default.aspx

How often do you suggest waxing/clay bar if I don't hand wash my truck that often? Probably use the car wash 2-3 times a month. I clay barred the truck last year and am about to do it again. Should I clay bar before every wax if I mainly use the car wash? Thanks

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:gayflag:
How often do you suggest waxing/clay bar if I don't hand wash my truck that often? Probably use the car wash 2-3 times a month. I clay barred the truck last year and am about to do it again. Should I clay bar before every wax if I mainly use the car wash? Thanks

Some people follow the " once every quarter" rule, while others do it more frequently, and those who do it maybe twice a year. There are so many variables to consider. What you should be asking yourself, to help arrive at your own conclusion, is 1) how often do I drive this vehicle 2) where do I drive it, 3) what is the vehicle being used for, 4) is it garaged or parked outside every day/night in the elements, etc....

In my opinion, your answers to these plus other questions you may think of will dictate how often you ahould/shouldnt claybar. There's no set rule on this.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
:gayflag:

Some people follow the " once every quarter" rule, while others do it more frequently, and those who do it maybe twice a year. There are so many variables to consider. What you should be asking yourself, to help arrive at your own conclusion, is 1) how often do I drive this vehicle 2) where do I drive it, 3) what is the vehicle being used for, 4) is it garaged or parked outside every day/night in the elements, etc....

In my opinion, your answers to these plus other questions you may think of will dictate how often you ahould/shouldnt claybar. There's no set rule on this.

This is very true. It is all about the elements the car goes through. Usually you will only need to do it 2-3 times a year IF that. What you can do to tell if the car needs it is get a plastic bag (like a zip lock bag) put your hand in it and slide it accross the paint. If it feels really ruff then you need to clay if it is smooth then you don't. Realy claying a car every wash can just be a waste of time and money. But when I detail customers cars I always do it because who knows when the last time some has done it on their car.

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My post above is peculiar. I know I didn't click on any emoticons, yet somehow one magically appeared. Disregard it, as there seems to be a glitch.