help! cluster going crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JOKR88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ever since I got my yukon the dash cluster some times goes a little wacko. it started with just a security light coming on once in awhile and an airbag light coming on but now it's gotten worse. all at once my fuel gauge will go to empty my voltage gauge will go all the way down my temperature gauge will drop all the way down security light will come on seat belt light will come on battery light will come on. sometimes it goes back to normal right away other times its not till the next day that my dash cluster is normal. but not for long.

I have looked up this issue online and all I can find is 03+ Denalis and Cadillacs that have this issue and that are covered under warranty I have not found anything for an 02 yukon.

has anyone had this issue if so have you gotten it fixed, how much has it cost you, and what have you had to do to fix it

bullitt4423

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
usually the cluster itself is bad... reman clusters are available but have to be programmed with your mileage. They run about $500 through your dealer

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesn't say, but mine has a rebuilt sticker with date on the back when I bought it.

OP
OP
JOKR88

JOKR88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok then... so I'm guessing no cheap way out of this. Thanks for the responses.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay the only time ive see those symptoms was the PCM was bad clusters either work or dont work form my experience bad pcms make lights and guages go crazy
the only other time ive seen that was when i was tyring to run my stereo with a stock alternator the voltage got down to like 11 volts and the dash went crazy and the pcm went into limp home mode

Drippin Wett

Reaction score
Not to high jack, But my 04 Just went completely dead. No guages at all, no check engine light, No odometer, No ABS light. All at once. I've checked all the fuses, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the stupidest post here... but what i did was take the cluster apart, completely, down to circuit board, then reassemble it. and it has been working fine since. But after a week, the gas gauge started acting up. but that could be a stepper motor or sending unit.

Before, my gauge was dead sometimes, my truck battery was dead on multiple occasions due to a drain, other times cluster would work fine. If you search for my screen name,you will find post and pictures.

Knock on wood, it is working fine now. Really frustrating that i don't know what happened. I assume it was just a contact somewhere, or a bad solder connection??? the harness plus, i unplugged and replugged a few times, but did not seem to have affect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotwell69

Latest posts