HELP!! 07 Escalade front shock absorbers with dampening connectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
I need to replace my front shock absorber drivers side. I see a connector on the top which I'm assuming is the dampening system. Part number
19353945. I keep looking online and can't find a shock absorber with that top electrical connector on it.

My question is, is the dampening connector physically ON the shock absorber itself or is it just connected to the whole front shock assembly? I can't imagine it being $500 for just a shock absorber with no connector on it.

IMG_1778.JPG

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no electrical connector. It attaches to the top of the shock's shaft.

You can see what it looks like by unhooking it. You unhook it by pushing the release towards the shock's shaft. See the pic I attached.

shaft.jpg

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
There is no electrical connector. It attaches to the top of the shock's shaft.

You can see what it looks like by unhooking it. You unhook it by pushing the release towards the shock's shaft. See the pic I attached.

View attachment 79701
Thank you so much! Now I get how it goes, I guess it's just now come down to figuring out which one has that damper system on it when I shop online. The right side has been replaced already so my drivers side is acting up. Time to get a new one. I just want to get the right one

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go to some place like GMPartsdirect.com and plug in your VIN. If that is not definitive, you could always call the dealer with your VIN. They should be able to help you.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645