heater control valve location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billbies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just looking to see where this is located on an 05 gmc yukon
I start up the truck let it warm to operating temps and on all settings it blows cold air even on heat settings but as soon as I start to drive 2 minus down the road itt like a sudden change and blows hot heat like it should and functions normal

Any ideas?
Ive been told my heat control valve could be stuck or anything else to check

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things to check
1st, Coolant Level. Add some coolant if it is low and see if that does the trick.
2nd, below the dash on there is a Blend Door Actuator, Part# 52474810. you may have to remove a plastic cover with several screws to locate it. It is below the glove compartment. Take the screws out of the actuator and when you adjust the temp from hot to cold you should see the actuator move. It looks like the image below. If that is moving then your heater core may be clogged and you will need to flush the system.

images

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you felt both heater core hoses after the truck has come up to engine temp to see if both of them are warm/hot to the touch? Sounds more like a clogged heater core or low coolant problem!

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking to see where this is located on an 05 gmc yukon
I start up the truck let it warm to operating temps and on all settings it blows cold air even on heat settings but as soon as I start to drive 2 minus down the road itt like a sudden change and blows hot heat like it should and functions normal

Any ideas?
Ive been told my heat control valve could be stuck or anything else to check

I got a letter in the mail from chevy regarding this issue... it says its a recall and to bring it in to get fixed....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca