Heater AC Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96_2DRSPORT

Paper Chaser
Reaction score
Ok I think that my Heater AC Control Has Gone Up From When My Audio Guy Put My TV In (Of Course He Denies) and I Am about to replace my A/C compressor but only thing that works on it is to turn the blower on so do i have to replace the control? and if so where can i get one i saw ebay but im thinking to go to the junk yard but i dont wanna give my hoe a temporary fix

nikel

Reaction score
Will the heater activate?

If the compressor is dead you will get no cold air, but the blower should still blow. If the pressures are off in the system the compressor will not turn on. Have you checked the system pressures? I think running it should something like 250 high to 60ish low.

nikel

Reaction score
You probably checked this already, but have you gone through the fuses.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same problem when i installd my head unit i shorted the heater contorl i just got a new ac delco from ebay for $100.

nikel

Reaction score
I have found that it is quite easy to knock the connector loose when messing with anything in that area. On a 98 there are three connectors, the main one will be on the right side (facing the control panel). If it does not have contact, it will not work.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The climate control unit is pretty sensitive. I've seen a radio install damage a few on OBS trucks. Some radio kits even come with a little plate under the radio to keep things from touching the exposed circuitry of the CCU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais