heated seat help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi everyone. so i noticed my heated driver seat does not work right. if i hit seatback only it lights up for about 1 min then turns off. if i hit both back and bottom it stays on. but heres the thing only the bottom gets hot not the seatback. this is drive side only passenger side works fine. im thinking maybe the heating element thing. how hard is it to replace on the seatback? this is on a 2008 yukon xl.

also while im posting anyone recommend a cargo net for behind the 3rd row.

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone who sees this can you tell me what these 2 pieces are for. I don't want to start a thread just for that

Attachments

• 20150713_200127.jpg
    20150713_200127.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace both pads on my 04 denali. Both are kinda difficult but not impossible. The hardest part is getting the upholstery back in place so it looks good. The pad is just velcro'd in. Give it a shot, if it doesnt work out you can always take it to an auto upholster.

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
simpson is that what would happen with yours? it would just turn off and not stay on?

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah with mine it would come on and shut off within a minute. I replaced the bottom pad first and it worked fine for a week. Then it started doing it again where it would shut off. Figured something more was going on and didnt have the time to mess with it. So eventually I read somewhere that both pads can cause this so I checked the seat back pad and it was burnt and melted, so once I replaced it then it worked fine, almost better then when it was new. Very hot!! lol. This was on my 2004 denali though. Not sure on the nbs if its the same as my 2009 has not problems right now. But i would check both pads for sure.

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks i appreciate it. any idea on those 2 parts i have a pic of?

doc_sun

Scotcher
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks i appreciate it. any idea on those 2 parts i have a pic of?

Not sure, but they look like the side of the seats where the belt buckle latch is next to the center console. They're similar to my front ones but not exact. I have rear buckets too so it's not those either, could they be the ends of a bench or third seat?

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmm i thought maybe you were right but nah its not that. i looked around for a while and cant figure out where they go

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off the wall guess but maybe they are for the cargo cover? dunno, i dont have one myself. maybe they arent even for that vehicle?

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought maybe a cargo cover thing. But I cant see anywhere they would mount to. The.back of the has a whole a half in or so bolt can fit in. Almost like the covers under the front seat near the center console covering the bilt holding the seat down. Im pretty sure they are from the vehicle color matches everything. Just trying to figure out where they go.

Nevermind I figured out where they go. Under the front seats at rhe rear of the track on the console side. As I was writing this.post made me think I never.checked there and fit perfect there. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe