Headrest monitors for second row bench?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea

Basically the NEX is an extension of your phone where the 4400 is a radio with phone inputs

Ok cool I will try to get in touch with pioneer to see how Droid friendly the NEX units are.

Thanks

So for the moment then the consensus would be:
- (1) CLD screen
- (3) CLS Screens
- Pioneer NEX Head Unit
- Necessary cables and misc to hook it all up
- Stock speakers

I notice the second row stock bench head rest are smaller than the front seats, the CLD units will fit with no issues?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only ran a switch so that the headrests would be "dead" until it was time to use them. We only use ours for longer drives

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only ran a switch so that the headrests would be "dead" until it was time to use them. We only use ours for longer drives

I left mine "powered" all the time. Just turned the master on when they wanted to watch something. (and the master turned on all the slaves)

The only good thing for a switch would be the kids wouldn't mess with them, but then you also have to power on the slaves every time as well

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and that's why I did it because I didn't want the kids messing with them. When I flip the switch all four power on at once. My kids are button pushers so this saves my sanity lol

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to do headrest for my 3rd row passengers. Is it hard to take apart the 2nd row captains chairs for headrest install ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just fish the wire through the back. Just be careful cuz that metal panel will cut you. I put cardboard between my arm and the metal to protect myself

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have individual players so all I need to do is hide the black box and find power.
Thanks for reply 07burb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan and Jacob for all the info.

Have some shopping to do, and need to get in touch with pioneer about the NEX compatibility with an Adroid Phone.

:)

polkayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm running 2 Pairs of 9 Inch DVD/Touchscreen Monitors in my Yukon they are from a company called OnFair they came pre-installed in the Headrest. I've had them for about 3 years now and I love them. All of my Kids can watch different or the same movies and they have all different kinds of inputs from SD to USB. When I purchased them each pair came with a Set of Headphones also and the picture is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts