Headliner replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone replace their headliner? Got any custom headliners out there? Let see some pics please. I gotta do this pretty soon and could use some tips.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know of anyone on here who's replaced it. you can buy them by the foot at joannes. i've heard its a horrible job though. if you do it, i would go with black.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is yours sagging? or dirty? if it's dirty you may be able to just use some sem dye to dye it darker, if it's sagging, you may be better off just bringing it to a shop that may be able to re-adhere it back to the backer board. i dropped mine down to sound deaden the roof, but mine was still in good shape, so i put it right back up. i've heard it's not too bad of a job, if you know what you're doing, (re-upholstering it) but i didn't have to, nor do i think i would myself. may not be as expensive as you think to have it redone. branndon

OP
OP
sidthekid

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It starting to come off where the front visors are and there are some stains. After hearing the suggestions I picked up some adhesive spray and will attempt to just repair for now.

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
Wheels

Whats a good paint to use for those stock wheels? I'm looking to do the same to mine. Matte black that is... Oh sorry , forgot to introduce myself. I'm Scott, I'm new here but no stranger to the tahoe. I love mine. I'm gonna keep it forever... now back to the wheels. Any suggestions?

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its easier to do then people think. I just did my Integras headliner, pillars and armrest in suede. Came out like a pro.. Took roughly an hour.. Costed about a bill.

sqh3du.jpg
2hcj0c0.jpg

I need to get some better pics but you get the idea..

txhoescrapin

Our needy member :-)
Reaction score
Does anyone know where all the screws are at to pull the liner? I have rear air, and front console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts