Headliner Questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hype

Reaction score
Mine is starting to peel or curl up at edges by doors and around windshield. any fix? and is replacing the whole thing expensive?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the amount of peeling or any damage, you can use some spray adhesive to get it to stick to the foam again. I replaced mine with the same material, just a bit darker. Cost me $250 for my headliner and I had the upholstery shop turn it around in 1 day.

I also did the carpet myself at the same time since the vertical pillar (A-D) panels had to come off to get the headliner down so I knocked out 2 birds with one project. Not hard, just takes some time.

See some pictures and write up in my build thread here.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/fosscores-2006-tahoe-build-thread.65729/page-14

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I do these a lot, when the material is coming up some. As long as the foam isn't disintegrated you're fine. Spray the adhesive on the foam and material very lightly, even coats. If you go too heavy the adhesive will bleed through the headliner material, and it'll look terrible. Let the adhesive tack up really good, then I like to use one of those bondo spreaders to adhere the foam and material together. Work from the inner edge to the outer edge. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bell45