Headlights on with wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a 15i Yukon SLT, and never had this happen. On my ‘16 Denali, when I use the windshield washer, the wipers stay on longer than usual, and it also makes my headlights come on. Is there a way to stop this?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a new thing? Or has it happened since you bought the vehicle?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the windshield been replaced with a non-OEM one? Check the lower passengers side to see if there is a GM logo on it. I'm thinking that might be part of your wiper system weirdness. Or does the rainsense system work fine?

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the windshield been replaced with a non-OEM one? Check the lower passengers side to see if there is a GM logo on it. I'm thinking that might be part of your wiper system weirdness. Or does the rainsense system work fine?
It’s a GM windshield. And as far as I can tell, the rain sense works fine. I am taking it to the dealership next week for a few other issues, so I will then check it. Just wasn’t sure if this was a known issue....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know here in California that it’s a highway law, that f your wipers are going you must have your headlights on. So it might be just the way GM programmed your headlights to comply with current laws. Not sure if it’s law in the state you live in, but might be something to research a bit as I’d be willing to bet that that’s why they come on so that you’re legal. Or call your dealer and ask if the headlights are programmed that way. I’ve actually been pulled over, during daylight but in a snowstorm, because I always leave my headlight dial on auto and my DRLs light up button lows hadn’t come in while wipers were clearing snow and the CHP pulled me over. He just told me to turn them on and let me go. Lol.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It’s a safety feature built into the truck. My 08 does it

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know here in California that it’s a highway law, that f your wipers are going you must have your headlights on. So it might be just the way GM programmed your headlights to comply with current laws. Not sure if it’s law in the state you live in, but might be something to research a bit as I’d be willing to bet that that’s why they come on so that you’re legal. Or call your dealer and ask if the headlights are programmed that way. I’ve actually been pulled over, during daylight but in a snowstorm, because I always leave my headlight dial on auto and my DRLs light up button lows hadn’t come in while wipers were clearing snow and the CHP pulled me over. He just told me to turn them on and let me go. Lol.
It's the law in Jersey too. But unless cops are super bored, they won't bother you if you don't turn them on. Thug life yo! Lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the law in Jersey too. But unless cops are super bored, they won't bother you if you don't turn them on. Thug life yo! Lol
Cops are always bored in big bear.... lol I get pulled over for the stupidest things simply because they have nothing better to do. Especially right now in the off season in between winter skiing and summer activities.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the owners manual to see if it states they come on automatically with the wipers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019