HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting married in a few months so all my money is going towards that. My shop has a body shop so I may head over there Monday and ask them how much it would be to do it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Now you are talking.

And why do you think I do not have an HD Hood on my rig? YES, you are correct, because I am a family man and there are a heck of a lot more important things on life than a HD Hood.

With that said, make your bride and wedding your priority, as a happy wife will be a happy life. Your HD Hood will never be able to have your back or help you you when your in desperate need, all it is, it is nice to look at.

Make your decisions wisely, ...........

And CONGRATS on getting married.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using for the underhood liner, from what I hear gm no longer sells replacements for hd hoods. I should have mine one by the end of next week!

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using for the underhood liner, from what I hear gm no longer sells replacements for hd hoods. I should have mine one by the end of next week!

Who's doing your work? Are you doing it? Can they supply us with step by step procedures

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Tahoe, so it is a direct swap. The hood is at my body shop now. They are going to do some minor repairs next week thanks to being hit by a lost bedliner on th highway last week.

Blange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a template for cutting the hood? My body shop asked for some. If not does anyone know of a shop in wichita, kansas that has done this?

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon fenders are cut differently to allow for the GM headlight. The tahoe has the old Silverado headlights that are smaller.

OP
OP
Young28

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
I think they will have to make a cardboard temp and trim and fit, repeat till they have it right.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a template for cutting the hood? My body shop asked for some. If not does anyone know of a shop in wichita, kansas that has done this?

i will ask around, i have alot of friends in the bodywork buisness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega