Have '02 Yukon - Need to Swap In Leather Seats - How New can I source?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Lew Schiller, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Lew Schiller

Lew Schiller TYF Newbie

Name:
    Lew
    Took a bit of a road trip with my wife. She loved the ride but doesn't like the cloth seats so I need to go on the hunt for a nice set of Grey Leather front Seats. Rears don't matter as it's just the two of us.
    Mine is an '02. I have no idea how new I can go or if there are any models that aren't applicable.
    Can anybody help me with a what fits what?
    Thanks!
    Lew

2. Nickfromga

Nickfromga TYF Newbie

Name:
    Nick
    couple of vendors sell new covers on ebay. not going to be cheap to do the whole car thou.

3. Lew Schiller

Lew Schiller TYF Newbie

Name:
    Lew
    Covers never are. I'd like to upgrade to newer seats as mine, being 16 years old, have lost some of their cushion support - although not as badly as other vehicles I've owned.
    I am aware of this thread -
    00-02 to 03-06 seat swap??? - and am watching it but I really would like to know if I can go up into the later year ranges.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. Bigbeardenali1992

Bigbeardenali1992 Full Access Member

Name:
    Chase
    You can replace the cloth cushion with a leather and the foam cushion underneath and then it’s basically like having a new seat. Cheaper and easier to find than a whole seat assembly. You can swap in the 2003-2006 seats but that will take some wiring from what I understand.

5. Lew Schiller

Lew Schiller TYF Newbie

Name:
    Lew
    Wiring isn't a concern as long as I have the proper connector and a diagram - I have a solder gun and a willingness to use it :).
    I understand your point, but I'd need to replace both back and bottom. I also want to change into captains style seats as I don't need the center seat and would prefer to find or fab a center console that provides more storage options.

Ryan Buck and Bigbeardenali1992 like this.
  6. Galante

Galante Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Unfortunately wiring wont really work. Best bet is to recover yours.

7. Lew Schiller

Lew Schiller TYF Newbie

Name:
    Lew
    Or stay in the NBS range?
    Are the models cross compatible - Tahoe - Escalade?

8. Galante

Galante Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    00-02 same...03-06 same... that goes for tahoes, burbs, yuks, esky, denalis. 00 esky, denali and z71 are obs.

9. Yukonjoe2001

Yukonjoe2001 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    2000-2007 Yukon,Tahoe,escapade should fit..I'd check junkyards. You might be able to find a Tahoe/Yukon off Craigslist for $500.I just scored a wrecked Tahoe for $400 with no trans/interior..but now have an extra engine and new tires. Might be better than buying new leather covers for all the seats,if u run power than u would need a positive and ground running under the seats,switches are luckily on the seat sides,if u don't have power all ready

10. Yukonjoe2001

Yukonjoe2001 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    I believe the truck front seats will work(non bench) but the backs are definitely different. The guy that sold me my parts Tahoe is gonna try to put a Tahoe back seat in his extended cab