Has anyone experienced this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Certain times when I pull out of the driveway it bogs down sometime backfires I can floor it and the rpms will bearly reach 2k. this only happens 1st 1/4 mile, moreso when going up a hill then it goes away till next time, then every so often it will act up, coming from a dead stop seems to slip going in to drive and rpm will hit 4500, if I would floor it it would probably hit 6k. If I let of the gas right away it will shift fine. Seems to happen mostly on hot days, when its cool out its not so bad. It doesnt do it enough to pin point the problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the 2nd part makes me think the tranny is going out, 4l60s are known to slip and not want to shift. Basically do exactly what your describing.

But the first part is a good question. Try cleaning your MAF, thats where I would start anyway.

Good luck

OP
OP
yukonjacks

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Took it apart and cleaned it, put a new gasket in it last weekend I was going to take out the CAI and go back to OEM today when I discovered that while tightening the hose clamps the rubber boot coupling slipped off in two different places allowing hot air off the engine to get sucked into the tb and also bypassing the sensor connected to the cone filter. I am hoping that that was the problem confusing the computer. No codes flashed so Im not sure it is the tranny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210

Latest posts