Harmonic balancer wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19SilverBurb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, new member here. I'm always lurking in the shadows profiting from all the knowledge everybody posts but I finally decided to make a profile because it was about time. So lately I've been noticing on our 2019 Suburban vibrations squeaking noises at startup and then I noticed that the harmonic balancer wobbles. Now I'm a pretty knowledgeable amateur DIY mechanic and I know it's not supposed to do that anybody else having an issue? I have included a video of it. Anyone replaced a harmonic balancer on this model? Thanks for all your input.

Jplasse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two potential scenario's... My 08 Wrangler JKU had the same issue however never jumped a belt or had vibes/squeaks.
1. bad install (tough to happen with a tapered crank shaft) or 2. poorly built part

I removed bolt, cleaned crank snout and ensured it was dry, reinstalled to factory torque spec, still had a slight wobble to it. Pulled back off, put on lathe and my pulley actually had some run out or potentially bent because the belt grooves did not run true either. Jeep was purchased used so unsure of any previous work done prior. Bought one from local parts store, run out was good, installed, belt is running true and no odd visual wobble with engine running

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n