Gurgle from engine bay on passenger side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaiah W

Reaction score
Hey all,

I noticed a gurgling sound coming from the engine bay on the passenger side, any idea as to what it could be? I just had the water pump replaced last year.
Thanks in advance!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is likely the pressures in the a/c system equalizing when you shut the engine off. You would here that in the accumulator and is normal. Likely had the defroster on and that caused the a/c system to cycle.

Or you are low on coolant and the system got a little hot and the noise is coming from the coolant reservoir area. You need to let it cool and check the coolant level. May be low enough that it is low in the heater core and bubbling up in there.

OP
OP
Isaiah W

Isaiah W

Reaction score
Is likely the pressures in the a/c system equalizing when you shut the engine off. You would here that in the accumulator and is normal. Likely had the defroster on and that caused the a/c system to cycle.

Or you are low on coolant and the system got a little hot and the noise is coming from the coolant reservoir area. You need to let it cool and check the coolant level. May be low enough that it is low in the heater core and bubbling up in there.
It typically happens on start up for at least 10 minutes though, and it happens every time. Also I haven't used the defroster recently, coolant was topped off recently.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now we get new info. It happens on start up. Coolant topped off because of why? Have you found a coolant leak recently? Not talking about water pump from a year ago. How low was it? Can you record a video of it and post?