Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Sorry if this offends BUT, NIKE can kiss my hairy pimply arse.

I'm not a fan of their product. Shit quality as of the last 20 or so years. I daily old school styled Adidas and, even though Nike owns Converse, I still rock my All Stars.
Agreed. I haven't bought a Nike product in...probably 15 years. I wear boots (Ariat, HH, Timberland, etc), lifting shoes, or running shoes (both from Flux lately).

Oh and crocs. Great "wash the car" shoes.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I should've said "assemblies". I feel that just saying "lights" refers to the bulbs. Still, even if that Swoosh went completely black when not powered, I'm not spending $700 on headlights/housings/assemblies/fully assembled modular forward illumination pods.

I'll have about $120 total invested in what I'm cooking up now. It's sure to grow as I keep gaining ideas. But I'm trying to use up what I have on hand. I found some Morimoto projectors with what look like DxS bulbs and 55W ballasts. A buddy sent them to me a few years ago when he was purging before a move and I had forgotten about 'em. They're way too big to fit in the headlights, but they'd be bad ass auxiliary lights in the fog/driving light positions, complete with high/low beam.
I've got Diode Dynamics SS3 Max in my fog locations. Once I get new headlights, I need to aim the fog lamps perfectly, then loctite them in place. I *am* concerned about being able to get enough height out of the adjustment, with my front end being 4" low.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Diode Dynamics SS3 Max in my fog locations. Once I get new headlights, I need to aim the fog lamps perfectly, then loctite them in place. I *am* concerned about being able to get enough height out of the adjustment, with my front end being 4" low.

Have you posted an "as-is" pic of the front? I think them Alpharex headlights would look more appropriate on a black Tahoe with the chrome trim. Mine's grey and de-chromed.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some new Bilstein 4600 B6 struts to match the rear Bilsteins I have. Just posting this for part number documentation and notes about the rear shocks.

Front struts, OEM replacement: 24-186926

Rear shocks, Jeep Cherokee XJ stock rear replacement: 24-010467
I'm using them as shorter shocks for my 4.5" drop

Belltech's specified shock for a 3"-5" rear drop is the 2410FF- 13.0" compressed, 20.5" extended.
The Bilstein 24-010467 is 13.01" compressed, 20.39" extended. It has a bar pin that will need to be removed, the bushing drilled out and the bolt sleeve/spacer from the original shock pressed in.

I've been running this shock with the stock Jeep TJ rear coils as my drop coils for over four years and about 35K miles now. I've towed 2,000+ miles and carried a few hundred lbs. in the cargo hold. I have Air Lift bags that I kept 6-9 psi in. Never a problem. With no air in the bags, the combo is a little too soft for handling but rides very comfortably. Upgrading the sway bars resolved the handling aspect while maintaining the great ride characteristics.

Last edited:

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I just got some new Bilstein 4600 B6 struts to match the rear Bilsteins I have. Just posting this for part number documentation and notes about the rear shocks.

Front struts, OEM replacement: 24-186926

Rear shocks, Jeep Cherokee XJ stock rear replacement: 24-010467
I'm using them as shorter shocks for my 4.5" drop

Belltech's specified shock for a 3"-5" rear drop is the 2410FF- 13.0" compressed, 20.5" extended.
The Bilstein 24-010467 is 13.01" compressed, 20.39" extended. It has a bar pin that will need to be removed, the bushing drilled out and the bolt sleeve/spacer from the original shock pressed in.

I've been running this shock with the stock Jeep TJ rear coils as my drop coils for over four years and about 35K miles now. I've towed 2,000+ miles and carried a few hundred lbs. in the cargo hold. I have Air Lift bags that I kept 6-9 psi in. Never a problem. With no air in the bags, the combo is a little too soft for handling but rides very comfortably. Upgrading the sway bars resolved the handling aspect while maintaining the great ride characteristics.
Do me a flavor and measure from the center of your hub to your fender arch. I wanna see how comparable our drops are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar