Grease guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From reading that article, I'm guessing I'm doing several things wrong, lol

I keep my grease gun in the garage (detached from house). It has heat but I only turn it on when I'm going to be out there, so in the winter it will get in the 30's-40's. No AC, it has an exhaust fan and industrial ceiling fan that I'll turn on in the summer if I'm going to be out there, so it will get in the 90's, maybe close to 100 on the hottest summer days.

I also don't use the grease gun that much. Usually every 6 months or so during oil changes, and that's not much grease.

Maybe I should just look for a smaller/mini type grease gun that takes smaller cartridges? I'd think though that I'd be limited to what types of grease I can use/find in the smaller cartridges.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion.

And keeping it in the house, like on my workbench in the basement would just be a pain in the ass when I'm in the garage and decide to use it and have to go all the way inside to the basement and back out to the garage...lol

Plus it would still probably leak!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tractor supply (and many establishments) has mini grease guns and 3 packs of mini grease tubes in every variety you like. 1 problem with the minis is it doesn’t have a flex tip (never looked into changing mine tho) i use both big and small ...depends on what i’m doing. and yes... they all leak....towel, shop rags in the bottom drawer of a tool chest....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks just like mine also, I don't even remember where I bought it, no name on it but most likely came from autozone, sears, harbor freight, or ebay. maybe walmart

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
looks just like mine also, I don't even remember where I bought it, no name on it but most likely came from autozone, sears, harbor freight, or ebay. maybe walmart
Mine is an ATC from Bumper to Bumper. I have a bunch of military surplus High pressure grease that even leaks in my shop cabinet. I have a lifetime supply of it too!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mine is an ATC from Bumper to Bumper. I have a bunch of military surplus High pressure grease that even leaks in my shop cabinet. I have a lifetime supply of it too!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pulled mine out and it looks like it had a little oil separation around the push-rod area that wiped right off

grease.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz