Good Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been lurking for awhile but am seriously considering buying this if you guys think its a good deal. Thanks in advance for you help.

Looking at a 2007 Yukon Denali, it has 50000 miles, black on black with all options except it has stationary running boards. The only flaw i could find is that it has a small scratch on the navi screen. Oh it is certified as well. I got it down to 32900, it blue books for 38000. It is super super clean...What do you think?

Also anything to fix a scratch on the navi screen?

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been lurking for awhile but am seriously considering buying this if you guys think its a good deal. Thanks in advance for you help.

Looking at a 2007 Yukon Denali, it has 50000 miles, black on black with all options except it has stationary running boards. The only flaw i could find is that it has a small scratch on the navi screen. Oh it is certified as well. I got it down to 32900, it blue books for 38000. It is super super clean...What do you think?

Also anything to fix a scratch on the navi screen?

when put it on kbb.com it says about 31,000-32,000 from 'private party'

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if it's 100% believable, i'm sure someone on here works for a car dealer but i hear alot of car dealers are having a problem finding used cars to put on their New car delaer lots, not the junk lots, the big boys.. That's why these trades are going in so high. The guys gotta eat right? well see how serious he is and go there tell him to show you the trade in paperwork and give him $500 over it. that's fair, he'll come back at you probably $1500 or whatever but offer him a fair deal and be done..

Now if he shows you he paid $32k for it? not much room to wiggle you know? I would think at 50k & 3 years old half it's new value of $60k so $30k would be for me if i were you. Makes you wonder why we can't get great lease rates on these full size trucks? My friend just leased a new QX56 for $920 39mos!!! Good luck another thing, get a good warranty if you're keeping it, the little luxury items in there will kill you if not covered.

nav Screen? you need to talk to a plastics expert. Doubt any deep scratches will take it out but i bet you can send the radio out, make it part of the deal to have the radio repaired/refaced.

OP
OP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks all...

it is from a dealer, and I know that they got it from the GM Auction. It came from Virginia, I am in Pittsburgh and these things are really holding their value here. I know that here these things are going thru the actions for around 30k, so with the certified warranty I think its a pretty decent deal. I checked on ebay and all the ones on there are going for 35k with similar miles and equipment. Thanks again for the help, I was going to pick it up on monday unless I find something else or someone changes my mind.

oh the dealer put new floor mats all around, new wireless headphones and a new remote for the dvd.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all...

it is from a dealer, and I know that they got it from the GM Auction. It came from Virginia, I am in Pittsburgh and these things are really holding their value here. I know that here these things are going thru the actions for around 30k, so with the certified warranty I think its a pretty decent deal. I checked on ebay and all the ones on there are going for 35k with similar miles and equipment. Thanks again for the help, I was going to pick it up on monday unless I find something else or someone changes my mind.

oh the dealer put new floor mats all around, new wireless headphones and a new remote for the dvd.

You're not getting a bad deal, that's a fair-good deal at worst, some would say great deal, plus you want it and if it makes you happy and can afford it, life's too short to worry about a couple grand because the market is HOT right now.. It is a seller's market on used full size SUV's.. take it and run.. Make sure get the Gap insurance and GMPP warranty at a big discount, they can do it easily... good luck

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know mines only an 03 but the dealer wanted KBB value at almost 17k and I was able to walk out of there for 12. They also gave me max trade value on my wifes saturn vue. The dealers are pretty desparate to get the trucks off the lot out here in the western states anyway. Browsing on autotrader I was finding 07-08s loaded for anywhere between 28-35 depending on mileage so I'd say you could probably get them down to the low 30s and you'd be getting a good deal on a great truck.

OP
OP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up the Denali today... i am super happy about the deal. Thanks for all of your help, and I look forward to a great life with TYF and my new to me Denali.
:)

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Denali today... i am super happy about the deal. Thanks for all of your help, and I look forward to a great life with TYF and my new to me Denali.
:)

CONGRATS! glad you bought it. sounded like a great deal, get some PICS UP SOON!!

PS what about the nav screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA