Good Crack in the Front Axle Shaft Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My bushings were fine, it was the result of a supercharged 6.0 doing an AWD reverse WOT launch because some idiot came out in the road and started throwing shit at me and I wanted to get back to him before he ran away like the ***** he was. Something had to break lol. I don’t think the system is designed for that much torque in reverse. Not sure what everybody else’s excuse is.:confused:

That had to be something to see and hear.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
My bushings were fine, it was the result of a supercharged 6.0 doing an AWD reverse WOT launch because some idiot came out in the road and started throwing shit at me and I wanted to get back to him before he ran away like the ***** he was. Something had to break lol. I don’t think the system is designed for that much torque in reverse. Not sure what everybody else’s excuse is.:confused:

That had to be something to see and hear.

I agree with PNW. Mind doing it again but recording it this time? ;)

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I found a good video on how to remove the axle tube without much work (hopefully it’s similar for NNBS as the video is for NBS)...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with PNW. Mind doing it again but recording it this time? ;)
Ummm...no lol. I replaced my diff with a rebuilt one from Cardone for about $800 and then since one CV axle was blown up,and I’m at 160k, I replaced both those for another $550 so I’m not looking to do reverse launches anymore. And I’m pretty sure I have the trans issue figured out so hopefully I won’t break any more output shafts on forward launches because I’m tired of fixing it. :mad: But that dude about shit his pants, should have seen him run. Luckily I was able to drive a few blocks afterward, that would have been awkward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12