Good Crack in the Front Axle Shaft Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Is there a place that makes a heavy duty brace for the front rear ?

ProComp supplies a brace that adds a new mounting point at the front of the diff housing as a component in their 6” lift. I don’t know if they’d sell it separately. And it would take a bit of fabrication to attach to a truck without a lift. Any good machine shop could replicate it easily. It’s important to note their brace is mounted with a flexible bushing like the factory mounts.

I have the feeling these failures are possibly caused by failures of diff mount bushings. Mine had a separation of a driver side bushing, so all the torque would apply to the passenger side mounts.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ProComp supplies a brace that adds a new mounting point at the front of the diff housing as a component in their 6” lift. I don’t know if they’d sell it separately. And it would take a bit of fabrication to attach to a truck without a lift. Any good machine shop could replicate it easily. It’s important to note their brace is mounted with a flexible bushing like the factory mounts.

I have the feeling these failures are possibly caused by failures of diff mount bushings. Mine had a separation of a driver side bushing, so all the torque would apply to the passenger side mounts.
My bushings were fine, it was the result of a supercharged 6.0 doing an AWD reverse WOT launch because some idiot came out in the road and started throwing shit at me and I wanted to get back to him before he ran away like the ***** he was. Something had to break lol. I don’t think the system is designed for that much torque in reverse. Not sure what everybody else’s excuse is.:confused:

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
My bushings were fine, it was the result of a supercharged 6.0 doing an AWD reverse WOT launch because some idiot came out in the road and started throwing shit at me and I wanted to get back to him before he ran away like the ***** he was. Something had to break lol. I don’t think the system is designed for that much torque in reverse. Not sure what everybody else’s excuse is.:confused:

I just drive crazy sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy