Gold in the Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an 03 with with 70K now has 80K changed the oil last weekend and the bottom of the drip "pan" would have made the guys on GOLD RUSH jellous... It looks like a copper material from a bearing but no engine noise, great oil preasure and good fuel eco it has everyone I talk to puzzled.

I'd like to drive it till the engine blows i know these 5.3's are good for 180K+ but when moving 10hrs away for the summer i dont want to risk it so the 6.0 is on it's way.

My question is has anyone ever seen this or heard of a similar issue and under WOT what does your oil PSI read.. Mine pegs at 80PSI. If i can narrow down where and what is causign this I may not turn my 5.3 in for the core or save the 6.0 till I have enough to build a monster

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much bearing material?

Enough that if it was gold i could buy a '13 LTZ hoe w/ all the fixins... HA but there was a good amount the filter caught a lot and when i drained the filter a lot came out and there was a lot more in the drip pan. I cant hear any engine noise over that industrial sized rad fan and good oil PSI... I'm puzzled... Could this be another one of those tough GM engines that doesn't require bearings???

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearing material or possibly head gasket stop leak if it had one leaking coolant into the oil? There is no coolant loss and no shiny stuff in the coolant correct?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a oil analysis done, it will tell you what is really in there. I did one every 6mo on my Cummins because I was working it for a living, it also help out with extended mileage service of the oil.

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures!!! How could I be so stupid.... Well we saved the oil but I'm currently in school so itll be around a week until i can get pictures. I'm planning on changing it again to see if I can get anything else out of it... As for the coolant I didnt notice anything but ill take a closer look at it.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
If your bearings go your oil pressure will be zero when idle and will go up when driving and you will take oht the crankshaft wjile at it. Happened to me but i dont recall checking the oil when it blew the bearings hell it was driving like nothing was wrong plenty of power great acceleration and didnt sound broken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stank hammer

Latest posts