Going to pick up my yukon need advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks it seems like a really clean truck but the oil pressure gauge is the only thing that worries me
When you get there, I would take it to the dealer you spoke to and have them check the oil pressure. The last thing you want to do is hit the road and have an issue on the way home.

lawdog302

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just bought a 2010 yukon with the 5.3. Its thrown a p0521 code which is low oil pressure/faulty circuit. ive never seen it dip below 20psi on the gauge either. its pretty much got me pissed off. At least the engine is quiet and seems to run good. i assume ill be pulling the sending unit and checking things over.

Is 20 psi Okay for normal driving? Seems low, especially compare to my 05 hoe i got rid of.

bizrjr

Reaction score
We have Tahoe's w the 5.3 at work. They did the same thing and it was just the sensor needed replace. I'd look into that if it appears normal sound and power.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'm going from a built chevy 1500 to this so I hope the 6.2 has a lot of power to push this tank down the road

You will be pleased how well it performs...just watch that oil pressure. Where in Florida are you buying it ? If it's in the Ft. Lauderdale area I can direct you to a garage here that can help you out quickly and reliably if need be.

OP
OP
Dave k

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be pleased how well it performs...just watch that oil pressure. Where in Florida are you buying it ? If it's in the Ft. Lauderdale area I can direct you to a garage here that can help you out quickly and reliably if need be.

Funny you should say that that's where I'm going

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should say that that's where I'm going

I use Honest 1 on University Drive in Davie...about 5 miles from the Airport. Tony Ragusa is the manager there and is first class all the way. I have been dealing with them since they first opened and trust them totally. Let me know if you want to hook up with these guys to take a quick look...it's got to be a bit scary flying in to a strange place with out someone to reach in to when buying a vehicle.

My email is [email protected].

http://www.honest1davie.com/

Last edited:

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
i got it for 11,900 the guy who i am buying it from said he had his ASE master tech look it over and he said everything looked fine

If it were me I'd want my own independent mechanic to look at it before purchasing it, did you buy it already? Is there a warranty with it? Hook it up with Yukon John's contact there either way to be sure. I wouldn't just go by what the sellers mechanic said.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know plenty of folks who flew out to buy a car and drive it home. Only most end up flying home from the city nearest to where they break down and get a nice fat towing bill.

I wish you luck with your purchase, but I wouldn't have made the plans you made until I knew more about the oil pressure issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msheaner

Latest posts