Going to pick up my yukon need advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am going to pick up my new yukon thursday and i have noticed a few things and just wanted some advise on what to look for...

First off in one of the pictures the center console looks broken or am i just seeing things and also i noticed the oil pressure gauges looks low any advise on that and anything else i should look for the truck is a 2007 yukon xl denali AWD with the 6.2L

14406981_2.jpg

14406981_9.jpg

14406981_16.jpg

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your console is definitely broken. Oil pressure - I think it might be the oil pressure sensor. It's $40 at autozone I have the same issue on my 07 Yukon Denali. I will be changing it next week.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 171k on the dash you really should have a mechanic check that out.

OP
OP
Dave k

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 171k on the dash you really should have a mechanic check that out.

it was a dealer maintained vehicle. it is being sold at a small dealer in flordia and i am coming from New York to pick it up thursday and drive it back is there anything i should pay special attention to when i go look at it?

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
If your going that far to pick it up you should ask them about the consol and the oil gauge before you make the trip. That's more miles then my 2002 has. What's the price your getting the truck for?

OP
OP
Dave k

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going that far to pick it up you should ask them about the consol and the oil gauge before you make the trip. That's more miles then my 2002 has. What's the price your getting the truck for?

i got it for 11,900 the guy who i am buying it from said he had his ASE master tech look it over and he said everything looked fine

bizrjr

Reaction score
Looks clean, straight and well maintained. Console def broken. Oil pressure sensors are problems on these but to be sure with those miles I think they should replace it before you drive down to confirm. Under 12K for a properly maintained Denali is great no matter how you slice it. I thought about going the high mileage/lower price route when I bought my Denali but I thought about my plans with it. So I'd say if everything checks out ask yourself what your plans are. Privately, it will be hard to flip her if you planned on it in a few years with likely well over 200K miles on it. Otherwise, good luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
Dave k

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I already booked my plane ticket to go pick it up with out replacing the sensor or doing to much work what could I check it know listen for noise and make sure it's not running rough I called the previous dealer where it was serviced and all they told me is the customer took really good care of it. I am buying the truck to tow my 20 ft open bow boat back and forth to Lake with my family and I don't have any plans on selling it

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for lifter noise, also check your rear air shocks and see if the rubber boots are ripped. Make sure when you turn the truck on that you hear the air compressor kick on should hear it kick on within the first 5 seconds. It is located right behind the left rear tire if you look next to the spare you will see it hanging on the frame. What tends to happen is when a boot is torn the compressor keeps running until it burns out. Replacement air shocks and compressor will cost about $1k in parts alone if you want to keep it OEM. There is a aftermarket kit by Arnott that will still set you back about $600. Check the wheel barrels for rust those wheels are notorious for rusting and the wheels will leak air. (Had to replace all mine)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave k

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks it seems like a really clean truck but the oil pressure gauge is the only thing that worries me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito