going from dropped to lifted, questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck currently sits like this...

IMG_20120804_182308.gif
20120804_181554.gif

just got my rims this weekend in dallas and on the way home i got pulled over for no reason only to be taken out and have my truck searched for drugs etc (i dont do any of that) and after standing on the side of the freeway for 30min i decided i want out the drop scene and into the lift scene, question is...i wanna do a 3" with keys and spacers...what keys will give me the best/highest lift and which spacers would go good with it...also i wanna mount mud tires on my stock 17s is it possible?

the 17s i want with mud tires...
20120804_115233.gif

thanks guys..

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

anybody?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks bro... Not sure about the keys but you can definitely fit some 33's with that leveled setup and some wheel well liner trimming. If you don't want to trim at all you could go with some 285/70/17's... I had an 01 tahoe z71 and cranked the stock keys up front and fit some of those exact size tires on the factory 17" z71 rims and it looked great.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I'm running 275/70/17's. Fit just fine. With stock z71 rims. Sorry for your trouble with the law. I'm a single dad who spends more time in McDonald's playland than I do being tough or cool anywhere, yet I get pulled over for no front license plate and window tint. Just because my Tahoe looks nice.

OP
OP
H

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but oh well..can you guys post pics of the set ups?

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

could i fit 35x12.5r17 mud tires? found a deal on 5 of them for 100$

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Any lift key off ebay will do the lift, and I recommend the gold anodized 2" spacers for the rear. I found it to be difficult to match the rear fender height if you go bigger then 2". As far as tires I would you a 295/70R17. Its a little bit wider and would give a nice look to accent the lift.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing but I have 20s now. I was getting eye f%~£Ed hard at the gas station the other day by a cop and so was my gf in the Kon. Then noticed the idiot was cruising around with his fuel door open. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys do realize that people get pulled over when they are lifted...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any lift key off ebay will do the lift, and I recommend the gold anodized 2" spacers for the rear. I found it to be difficult to match the rear fender height if you go bigger then 2". As far as tires I would you a 295/70R17. Its a little bit wider and would give a nice look to accent the lift.

What's the difference between the gold anodized and the billet spacer? I just put the 1.5" billet rear spacers in the other day. I saw the gold one but they looked identical and decided to go with the billet.

OP
OP
H

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im kind of just tired of the drop scene as well so i wanna change it up for a while...anybody have a link to the "ford" keys that everybody uses?