Go for a good deal on a 2007, or wait to find a 2009+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to get a better price out of it.
The vehicle was a trade, and the owner just got another tahoe. She wanted the new bright blue color (Topaz I think?). The maintenance records show some repairs and warranty work, but no major work done. If the headliner looks good when I go back up there, and I can find a way to get an extended warranty...I'll go for it.

I would like to have the 6spd...but I don't plan on towing, I have a truck for that. It will see some limited beach/sand use, so the 4wd will help...but I don't think the 4spd will struggle with the light duty it will get off road. I'd just like to have it for the fuel economy, and resale.

No bluetooth in 07? Bummer! I didn't notice that. My wife uses that a lot in her car...may have to figure something out for that.

Thanks again for the info everyone. Hopefully I'll be a permanent member soon.

SQ

Well your in luck because their is a mod for that. You can buy the 09+ factory VCIM/Bluetooth and add it to your 07/08! A lot of members here have done it. I'll eventually do it if I find one for cheaper. On eBay this one seller consistently has them for 250 shipped for both the BT antenna and the VCIM.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well your in luck because their is a mod for that. You can buy the 09+ factory VCIM/Bluetooth and add it to your 07/08! A lot of members here have done it. I'll eventually do it if I find one for cheaper. On eBay this one seller consistently has them for 250 shipped for both the BT antenna and the VCIM.

:hmm: I may have to add this to the list...

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu

Hmm, I'd like more info on this please. Can you send me a PM so as to not thread jack?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

afishinado

Reaction score
I disagree with just about everybody! I am also shopping, a 07-08 was where I started and was finding the same $25ish for a LT (have a Z71 now, I'm just buying a grille for $300 and adding it to aLT) the rest is fine... ANYWAY, I am finding LOTS of 2011 for $32-35k with 20k +/- on them. For the extra few bucks, I'm going for it, and I'm a cheap SOB in the used equipment business. What I won't do is spend another $18-$20k for a 2012 with no miles.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What were on these 2011's with 20k +/- in the $32-35k range? That seems awfully cheap for anything that has any kind of options on it to be that new with low mileage for you to find "LOTS" of them. I want to live where you live I think :)

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Sounds like a fleet resale to me. 1 year old with ~20k miles. That's about right for a rental car. When I worked for Thrifty car rental in Salt Lake City would would sell our SUV's after the ski season with 16k+ miles on them for very cheap. Keeping them would have cost us more.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which means most likely low on options too :(

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking to get rid of my denali. Its an 07, 62k miles, white exterior with black leather and second row bench. LMK if your interested, im in Nebraska.

afishinado

Reaction score
which means most likely low on options too :(

Yes, I think they are fleet cars... No sunroofs, no Nav systems, etc... Fine by me. All stuff I don't really like oor can't be upgraded. I am looking for a black one, going to add the mesh grille and swap out the wheels when the first set of tires are due. Want to domy own version of a 'Harley Davidson Edition' My vehicle ego is satisfied in other ways, I have a Carrera cabriolet and Wrangler in the fleet, plus 2 Harleys, but my Tahoe is the workhorse.

Plus I don't like a few things about my current Z71, I ended up switching out the shocks and tires. The roof rack SUCKS, I was all pumped about it as I was using it a lot, until I actually got it, it nearly got swapped for a stock LS or LT one.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
All of the used low mile 2011 tahoes here are fleet vehicles.

None of them have dvd, nav, sunroof like my wife wants...and they have 15-30k something rental miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts