GM Issues 3.6 Million Vehicle Recall for Airbag. Yukon, Tahoe/Subur/Escalade on List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's generic wording. So if it's something mechanical that a shade tree can and does fix, that they still want to inspect the vehicle to reduce their liability.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer. The airbag update took about 30 minutes. I was notified that there is a new updated exhaust for the v4 drone isues and that they have ordered me one for next week. The customer printout they gave me just says parts 10555 "ordered updated exhaust".

thunderdawg

Reaction score
I read that part as well and am curious if this means I need to bring it in again? I just had the recall taken care of a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure if these letters were prepared a while back and are just now getting into the hands of owners or if this really does mean that it needs to be re-done.

The dealer service guy I talked to today said the software update they did a few weeks ago was the one and only repair for the SDM recall.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they have to remove the cup holder area to get to donthis recall for the airbag?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. The panel that the cup holders are on, under the climate control, was loose,
Likenit had been popped out and it refitted all the way when I picked my Denali up after the recall service

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. The panel that the cup holders are on, under the climate control, was loose,
Likenit had been popped out and it refitted all the way when I picked my Denali up after the recall service

Hmm, I didn't find any issues after they had done mine. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge with regards to where the module is located and how the software is updated can chime in with it's location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510