Getting Rid of 2016 Yukon Denali for 2009-2014 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reflecting on this thread makes me so glad that I went 'old' with my '08. She's not perfect, but I've got just about everything sorted out and have no issues other than power-fold mirrors that don't---and I don't even care about that feature.

I'd be absolutely pissed if I had traded to a '15+ version and experienced all the annoying issues. That would be like leaving your girl for the smoking hot girl, then finding out that the hottie is bipolar and every other day she wants to kill you. LOL

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reflecting on this thread makes me so glad that I went 'old' with my '08. She's not perfect, but I've got just about everything sorted out and have no issues other than power-fold mirrors that don't---and I don't even care about that feature.

I'd be absolutely pissed if I had traded to a '15+ version and experienced all the annoying issues. That would be like leaving your girl for the smoking hot girl, then finding out that the hottie is bipolar and every other day she wants to kill you. LOL

Yes, GM has a quality problem. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't even bothered to read the K2xx section here since I hear enough about their issues already in this section. LOL!

Sure, the GMT900s are not without their own problems, but at least at this point they don't cost you 50+ grand and have all the issues.

After three years with a 2007 LTZ, my wife just updated to a 2010 LT and she's happy as a clam. If we are going to follow the normal progression, she'll be looking for her next one in another three year or so, and I highly doubt it will be a K2xx. It'll most likely be one of the last GMT900s.

I'm not afraid of AFM, so a GMT900 will be the best option to go with until something more reliable comes around. But yeah, GM's quality definitely sucks.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't even bothered to read the K2xx section here since I hear enough about their issues already in this section. LOL!

Sure, the GMT900s are not without their own problems, but at least at this point they don't cost you 50+ grand and have all the issues.

After three years with a 2007 LTZ, my wife just updated to a 2010 LT and she's happy as a clam. If we are going to follow the normal progression, she'll be looking for her next one in another three year or so, and I highly doubt it will be a K2xx. It'll most likely be one of the last GMT900s.

I'm not afraid of AFM, so a GMT900 will be the best option to go with until something more reliable comes around. But yeah, GM's quality definitely sucks.

Hey, I just realized you are from DFW too. Small world!

My experience is all cars have their problems and defects. My 300zx suffered from failing fuel injectors and a PTU failure (both common problems). The serpentine belt tensioner on my sister's Scion TC is inaccessible unless you remove the engine or drill a 1" hole in the body! My father's Audi A3 has the "infamous" cam follower defect. To change spark plug 6 on my mother's old 1999 Caravan, you'd have to remove the cowling or spend 45 minutes getting to it from under the car. My father's old 1991 Accord would eat tires (turned out to be a suspension defect). Hell the motor mounts failed on my brother's 09 Acura TSX at 75,000 miles.

While it's famous for a tight engine bay, I have to say my 1993 300zx is the most elegantly-designed vehicle when it comes to maintenance access. Almost all of the common wear parts are easy to service. There is even an access hatch in the trunk to reach the fuel pump without removing the gas tank. The FSM is incredible and even comes with anime-like engine cartoons! :D

To avoid hijacking this thread, my suggestion is to determine if the K2xx problems are innate to the chassis and frame. If they can be fixed with new struts, a new differential, or other component I wouldn't hesitate to consider the new chassis.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely researching these last generations trucks from GM.

Which truck is reliable and less cost of maintenance to own?

2010-2014

Escalade, Tahoe LTZ/Z71 or Yukon Denali?

I really don't know which vehicle to choose I do like the 6.2 motors.

ive only heard of unicorn tahoes having the 6.2 a shame since i think the front ends look the best out of all three , escalade or denali

Big John NYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Pardon my ignorance.
What is “AFM”?

Big John NYC

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
active fuel management, displacement on demand... The engines collapse lifters to 4 of the cylinders essentially making it a 4cylinder engine, fuel savings are rarely anything to be happy about. the potential from a trashed engine far outweighs the benefits

nath

Reaction score
Man I LOVE my 2012 Tahoe LT, I also have a Cadillac EXT and the big motor is great and all the Luxury is nice, but there is just something about my Tahoe that just Rings my Bell!!!!
PS. Leave it in Auto with that big motor you need all four paws pulling!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb