Getting Rid of 2016 Yukon Denali for 2009-2014 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Key fob goes on center console while washing.
Whenever I drive a car where I have to get the key out of my pocket and place in the ignition I wonder why it took so long to implement this concept. Nissan's were using it 10+ years ago.
Rule number one I learned when I first started out as a detailer from my mentor- never leave keys in a car you’re detailing, that’s just asking for the keys to get locked inside. Lol I know the newer smart keys aren’t supposed to lock if it’s inside the vehicle if it’s not running, but I don’t trust it. Lol

Last edited:

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I had it with the 2016 Yukon Denali with all its issue (Booming/Buffeting at low speeds under 20mph) after switching from 2wd to Auto and etc.

So now I'm looking at 2009/14 Tahoe LTZ w/4wd and 2017/18 muscle car for the price of one Denali.

How are the Tahoe's during these years and which year is the best to purchase?
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali and before that had a 2015 Escalade. I never have experienced the buffeting issue. However, I have read that many people have experienced it. The only thing I don't enjoy about the Yukon Denali (and the Escalade) is that I feel the bumps in the road. The Magnetic Ride Control does not fully manage the bumps in the road. I love the 6.2 liter engine. The 8-speed transmission in the Yukon Denali is not very smooth. The six-speed in the Escalade was actually smoother.

DMG48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Denali.... ROCKS!!!
I've got it in May of 2011 with 62K on it.
I now have 133K and change on it and it's a champion!

Besides general stuff (oil changes, bulbs, and filters) I have replaced the following:

Throttle body (was told it needed cleaning but I chose to replace instead since a proper cleaning requires removing it anyway) got a geeat price at Rockauto.com AND an Oil Pressure Switch..
Parts...$200 Labor $200

Front wheel hubs and axles ( passenger side was bad but I chose to replace both sides)
Parts...$400 Labor...$350

Replaced Oil Pan Gasket
Parts & Labor...$130

Replaced two Door Handles
Parts & Labor...$140

Replaced Steering Wheel Position Sensor (this eliminated the following error codes SERVICE STABILITRACK, SERVICE SUSPENSION, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL also eliminated the unexpected engaging of ABS System for no reason. Parts & Labor...$230

At one point I bought a used set of Divino 24's w/ Falkens and TPMS Sensors for $1,000. I used for 3 years, drove them through 2 MN winters and then sold them for $500. Ive been rollin the fac 18's since.

I bought two sets of used 265 65 18 (Goodyear Wranglers and Bridgestone Duelers) for $80 have not used the Duelers and I still have them.

One of my automatic running boards would not retract. It would start to but always stopped. There was nothing impeding the mechanism or brackets. I believe the motor half seized. I was able to find a complete used set on CL for $150 (Are you kiddin' me $150!!!???)

Replaced a battery... $180
Replaced Serpentine Belt.. P&l...$75
Replaced 2 Oxygen Senators...P&L...$110
Got a Full Tuneup... P&L...$180
Replaced brakes a couple times. I have lifetime brake pkg so only pay for labor...P&L...$625

I have hauled trailers, people, and stuff...
I have taken her on the road countless times...
Gas mileage has been great for the 6.2L V8...
Two thing currently not working:
Front Passenger heated seat doesn't work when truck is running. If I remote start it and the seat heater works until I put truck in drive; turn on with key it does not hear up at all.

Also the Front Passenger Door has to be manually locked and unlocked. I can hear the mechanism engage; so I believe it'll be an easy fix once I open the door panel.

I have two quarter size rust spots (one on each of the front fenders) which I'll have repaired in the Spring with. MAACO SPECIAL.

To some it may sound like I have pumped a lot of money into my 08'; but I see it different when I read what some others have gone through.

For what I do with my Denali; I owe it to jer to keep her rollin. I still get planty of comps; even though she's straight factory in looks other than the front fender stick on cowls I added when I got it.

Perhaps I'll post a pic after the weather breaks and I wash her up.

#stilllovin'my08Denali

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Besides general stuff (oil changes, bulbs, and filters) I have replaced the following:

Throttle body (was told it needed cleaning but I chose to replace instead since a proper cleaning requires removing it anyway) got a geeat price at Rockauto.com AND an Oil Pressure Switch..
Parts...$200 Labor $200

Front wheel hubs and axles ( passenger side was bad but I chose to replace both sides)

Replaced Oil Pan Gasket
Parts & Labor...$130

Parts & Labor...$140

Replaced Steering Wheel Position Sensor (this eliminated the following error codes SERVICE STABILITRACK, SERVICE SUSPENSION, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL also eliminated the unexpected engaging of ABS System for no reason. Parts & Labor...$230

At one point I bought a used set of Divino 24's w/ Falkens and TPMS Sensors for $1,000. I used for 3 years, drove them through 2 MN winters and then sold them for $500. Ive been rollin the fac 18's since.

I bought two sets of used 265 65 18 (Goodyear Wranglers and Bridgestone Duelers) for $80 have not used the Duelers and I still have them.

One of my automatic running boards would not retract. It would start to but always stopped. There was nothing impeding the mechanism or brackets. I believe the motor half seized. I was able to find a complete used set on CL for $150 (Are you kiddin' me $150!!!???)

Replaced brakes a couple times. I have lifetime brake pkg so only pay for labor...P&L...$625

Front Passenger heated seat doesn't work when truck is running. If I remote start it and the seat heater works until I put truck in drive; turn on with key it does not hear up at all.

Also the Front Passenger Door has to be manually locked and unlocked. I can hear the mechanism engage; so I believe it'll be an easy fix once I open the door panel.

I have two quarter size rust spots (one on each of the front fenders) which I'll have repaired in the Spring with. MAACO SPECIAL.

To some it may sound like I have pumped a lot of money into my 08'; but I see it different when I read what some others have gone through.

For what I do with my Denali; I owe it to jer to keep her rollin. I still get planty of comps; even though she's straight factory in looks other than the front fender stick on cowls I added when I got it.

#stilllovin'my08Denali
Sounds like you have an awesome rig friend! Keep jammin! Haha. I love the 2007-2014 body style Denali! It’s a great looking rig and I’d love to have one eventually! Lol

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Parts...$200 Labor $200

Replaced Oil Pan Gasket
Parts & Labor...$130

Parts & Labor...$140

#stilllovin'my08Denali
I honestly don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious?

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score

Parts...$200 Labor $200

Replaced Oil Pan Gasket
Parts & Labor...$130

Parts & Labor...$140

#stilllovin'my08Denali

Talk to me about this:

"Replaced Steering Wheel Position Sensor (this eliminated the following error codes SERVICE STABILITRACK, SERVICE SUSPENSION, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL also eliminated the unexpected engaging of ABS System for no reason. Parts & Labor...$230"

How did you troubleshoot it? Did you replace it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
I am selling my 2014 GMC Yukon XL SLT - 4x4
Clean CAR Fax - no accidents
2.5" lift kit
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires 33" (285/70/r17)
Brand new (not a reman!) GM 5.3L LS motor was warrantied by GM about a month ago <1,500 miles on it
DVD head unit, blue tooth, TV screens in the head rests for the kids
heated seats, the thing is loaded to the max!
4 new rotors, 4 new pads
new alernator (lifetime warranty)
new battery
Recently aligned 1 month ago.
Current mileage is 96,4xx miles
LED lighting all around with correct CANBUS

Have all the paperwork to backup all parts / work.

Located here north of West Palm Beach, FL
Asking $25,450

20180427_151514.jpg
20180427_151528.jpg
20180427_151539.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC