Getting ready to order 26's (Cold Feet) Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am waiting for my check to clear so I can order my wheels. They will be Slides but in chrome. 26x10 on 295/30/26 28offset if that helps. I was really excited, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I was put off by having to trim the fenders, are there any wires back there that can be cut?
If not I'll just suck it up and knock out the back sometime this weekend with an x-acto knife. Then worry about the front when the wheels get here.

Next I was eventually going to do a 2/3 then as I was researching about Tony's kit with struts, shocks, and springs since I have about 55k miles. I found the thread about how it can mess up the tires because they rub on metal.

Is this still a problem as I don't really want to have a shop take a grinder to my Tahoe to get the drop done?
For those that don't know what I'm talking about. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21740

Not trying to throw salt just doing my research.
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was a little confused as I have suspension, and exterior questions.
Thanks for the help and happy holidays.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, I would never go more than 24's.

The braking performance suffers, and the added weight is really ******* your ball joints, rack and pinion, wheel bearings, etc.

Not to mention the ride really sucks........

Also, IMHO, a 2/3 drop with 26's you will definitely need to run some sort of airbag setup.

I say this because when loaded it will rub even if it does not rub when unloaded.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're having reserves, throw 24s on it. They fit perfectly on a 2/3. 26s do look nice, but go with your gut instinct.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
on the 24s you still will need to trim the rear fenderliners a little nothing major. I have a 305 35 24 on a 2.75/3.5 drop and works out great.

One thing in rear which is a cheap thing you can add helper bags to the springs I sell they are like 80 dollars and you can tow and haul around perfectly fine.

For example my buddy has a 2010 suburban on 305 35 24 and he has a trailblazer SS (big pig) that he tows to the track. He has my 2/4 kit on it (rear cut off bumpstops with djm hardware kit) i installed along with the airlift helper bags. WIth him and 4 buddies with the trailblazer ss in back and helper bags at 35 psi he has no problem towing it.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlackedoutLT3 had a 2/3 on 26" Slides and it looked good.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
I say go 24s to much work for 26 i was gonna do it but the guys on here talked me out of it makes the truck ride kinda bad my buddy had 26s on his and he took his off and went smaller

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have a 3/5 on 26s and I am doing fine.
You will rub with your planned setup but it is nothing that some trimming of fender liners cannot handle. You will not need to do any metal cutting.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't have to trim anything with our 2/3 drop on 24s. And that was with the asanti's in standard offset, 24x10, 295/35/24.

:shrug:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
in the rear fenderwells it touches the plastic in a few places takes 2 minutes to do a clean cut and your safe. Especially if your ******* it like I am

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n