General Question about headlight leveling ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of DEPO D335-1119PXAS Chrome Projector Headlights for my 2002 Tahoe .. right now I have regular bulbs in place (soon to have DDM Raptor HIDS installed for both 55W 8000 high and 35W 6000 low) .. I went out driving tonight only to find that both my lights are higher than normal, I think I got that impression from the on coming traffic constantly blinding me with there highbeams as I was blinding them with my lows .. LOL

So .. question I have, is there any sort of measurments etc that can be used to line these up correctly .. like if I park the Tahoe in front of my garage door, how far away do I need to be from the door .. also how high (measurement wise) do I measure from the ground to the top of the low beam etc etc etc ...

Thanks.

Attachments

• DEPO 335-1119PXAS.jpg
    DEPO 335-1119PXAS.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to post this in the NBS section. But you could also try finding a friends car and parking behind them then lower them. If you dont have a friend with a car just lower a little then drive down the road see if you get flashed then correct from there.

007fl

Reaction score
pull up to a wall with your lights on and put tape along the cutoff line.
Back up 30ft (on a level surface) and adjust your lights down to that tape line.

sounds simple but its a great way to get in the ballpark.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull up to a wall with your lights on and put tape along the cutoff line.
Back up 30ft (on a level surface) and adjust your lights down to that tape line.

sounds simple but its a great way to get in the ballpark.

Seconded... and the Driver headlight should be just a tidbit lower then the passenger one apparently. I never heard this until recently, but it will cover the road and center lines/divider better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz