Gear ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh cool, well that gives me hope lol. I'm almost to 100k. Hope mine is good to 200k haha.

TahoeV8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4.10 was available from the factory. Look at your RPO sheet (in your glove box) to see what gear ration you actually have:

GT4 Rear axle, 3.73 ratio
GT5 Rear axle, 4.10 ratio
GU5 Rear axle, 3.23 ratio
GU6 Rear axle, 3.42 ratio
Hi, how can I check my ride rear axle? It is a Tahoe 5.3 LT ('01 MY) but its sticker does not show those acronyms mentioned in the post quoted below. Thank you.

Sorry to hijack, but Is this the sticker you are talking about? I'm sure my Z71 came with 3.73's, but just thought I would check....View attachment 160438

Yes that is the sticker. You have the GT4 (3.73)

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, how can I check my ride rear axle? It is a Tahoe 5.3 LT ('01 MY) but its sticker does not show those acronyms mentioned in the post quoted below. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Can you post a picture of your RPO sticker?

Jester1023

Reaction score
You can also contact GM with your VIN and ask for a build sheet they will gladly give you one that’s what I’ve done a few times before going to look at a vehicle just to see what they were equipped with coming out of the factory.

you can email them as well

[email protected]

TahoeV8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can also contact GM with your VIN and ask for a build sheet they will gladly give you one that’s what I’ve done a few times before going to look at a vehicle just to see what they were equipped with coming out of the factory.

you can email them as well

[email protected]
Thank you for your gently reply :)

Is this "build sheet" for free or for payment? Does it show precise production date too?

Thank you.

Thank you too :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019