Gauge Pod Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was searching yesterday for a gauge pod assembly or something to put gauges in the little 'blank' on the ceiling console in my truck. Currently rebuilding the transmission and want to add a transmission temp gauge to the truck. I saw a post yesterday where they had two in the console and they were angled towards the driver. It looked like they weren't custom. Anyone have any ideas of where to get them? Or any other ideas? If i cant find that specific pod i will just do the A-pillar pod assembly.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree i would do a home made blank either out of aluminum or ABS plastic.. also you have the option of angling them and glass in pods.. i think that 2.25" pvc pipe is the correct size you can get the joining couplings and use those as the housings and glass them to a flat piece so your gauges are angled at like 30* to the driver or as you desire...

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take the little " Ceiling blank" which i am assuming its for a 2dr tahoe that doesnt have any rear heat controls and just drill 2 - 2 1/16" holes in it with a hole saw and your done. you will gave plenty of room behind it

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take the little " Ceiling blank" which i am assuming its for a 2dr tahoe that doesnt have any rear heat controls and just drill 2 - 2 1/16" holes in it with a hole saw and your done. you will gave plenty of room behind it

this too works... only issue is the angle and if the gauges have thick bezels then the numbers on the let towards the driver get impaired.. but it can be done this way.. personally i prefer and angle

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this too works... only issue is the angle and if the gauges have thick bezels then the numbers on the let towards the driver get impaired.. but it can be done this way.. personally i prefer and angle

the gauges i got from glowshift come with those little angled shield thingys. mounted one in my truck i turned the shield upside down and used it to angle it the way i wanted to

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a generic picture i just googled but that little black piece to the right of the gauge is supposed to be a sun shield. just flip it around and you can use it to angle it in any direction you want

Attachments

• glowshift_originals_015.jpg
    glowshift_originals_015.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 14

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok this will work also sounds like you have a solution...

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda wish i didnt mount my light switches up there lol this was a good idea. Just make sure that piece is bigger than 2 1/16"