Gas spill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I had a tiny bit of gas in the 1 gal. spare that I keep just in case I run out and it fell over and a little spilled on the carpet. Not a lot, just a half dollar size spot. I for the life of me cannot get the smell of gas out. I had it cleaned at the carwash and tried resolve and it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas??

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Two "old fashioned" remedies I know of..... Put baking soda on it for a day or two, then vacuum it off. If that doesn't work, and this will sound really weird..... put (unused) coffee grinds on it for a few days (or a week if necessary). The reason for that is that coffee contains a series of oils that absorb odors. There is no need for expensive coffee, even the cheapest brand will do and it won't even leave a stain on the carpet, so there is no danger.

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also try "cat urine" smell removal. It may work. ANy pet store should carry.
And one more that is kind of like a cover up but works - fabrik softner.

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
Stop in at a local Fuel Jobber or Oil Distributor. They will have aerosol and powder odor remover (cover up) products. If will smell a little flowery but it's better than gas smell.

Product is called odoRout for fuel oil oder. I got this at a fuel company that I used to work for. On the back of the can it says SOS Products Co. Inc. Out of East Greenville PA. This stuff is amazing and works and the flower smell will dissipate over time. http://www.sos-prod.com/home.htm

Attachments

• 2012-02-28_17-37-27_367.jpg
    2012-02-28_17-37-27_367.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree, the coffe or baking soda, then if there is a faint smell afterwards a dryer sheet should pull the rest out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667