Gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliDrive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Is it there anyway to adjust the pressure of the gas pedal? It doesn't require much pressure, which results in movement while going over rough roads. Car & Driver review had the same issue when first tested.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Is it there anyway to adjust the pressure of the gas pedal? It doesn't require much pressure, which results in movement while going over rough roads. Car & Driver review had the same issue when first tested.
what year/make/model are you talking about?

OP
OP
D

DenaliDrive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apologies for the incorrect section. The model is a 2003 Yukon Denali

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘03 is like this as well. It’s a bit annoying, especially considering how loud my exhaust is with these PRC heads, but I just live with it. Not a big deal.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one is drive by wire. There isn't really a way to increase the feed back - the pedal spring is all internal. Maybe a newer replacement may have better built in feel

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one is drive by wire. There isn't really a way to increase the feed back - the pedal spring is all internal. Maybe a newer replacement may have better built in feel
depends, 03 was a year that some have a cable and some do not I don't know the specific range though. same for clutch fans/electric.
then in 04/05 (i think) the alternator pins changed on some 4pin/2pin
this is all based on member feedback of what they have or had
my 03 was drive by wire... clutch fan 4 pin alternator
the wifes previous 04 had a clutch fan and 4 pin alternator
then her 05 had electric fans and a 2 pin alternator
there are some mixed with all of the above pretty much

OP
OP
D

DenaliDrive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, guess I'll try and use cruise as much as possible :)

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have HP tuners... my truck is a cable which is what I bought HP tuners for...

There is a page of calibrations for the throttle by wire. My C5 vette has throttle by wire and works AWESOME. It is definitely a better system than the cable IMO. Sorry to hear yours is too sensative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts