Gas gauge acting up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
try a speedo repair shop to get a part number or post any numbers on it here. Like a pic or something.

I grabbed a few photos from the thread I posted earlier since they're the same as mine.One of the photos shows a company called Simco. Seems they make gauge motors as well ( I think I see the GM one on the right). The only numbers I see on my motor are inside on the yellow housing(like in photo1)--- >F37
21 50 ..... not sure if they're relevant.

I've already sent inquiries to these companies seeing if they offer part #'s, or replacements. I'm not holdin my breath......lol

I also saw this as a possible fix for the vibration that's from within the motor itself when the dampener goes bad/dries out(not caused by other known faults).

http://www.jbperf.com/pwm_converter/index.html

Anyone ever try sumthin like that?

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpg
    IMG_3718.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Fuel_Gauge_Motor.jpg
    Fuel_Gauge_Motor.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 15
  • mac_competition_compare.jpg
    mac_competition_compare.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Ok.... got in the instrument cluster that I got off Ebay for $14. My fuel gauge was floating/buzzing/ and pointing towards the oil pressure gauge. I put this cluster in and the fuel gauge read correctly.
So.... I went to step 2....disassembled both clusters replaced my fuel gauge meter with the meter from the cluster I just received. Buttoned everything back up, and all looks good, especially since the refurb'd cluster had a new clear face lens that I transferred also.

Only thing I noticed is w/the new fuel gauge meter in, the needle doesn't swing all the way past full then settle in to position like my old one. It just slowly goes to the correct fuel level reading. I looked @ the meters in the reconditioned cluster, and the meters look fairly new, and OEM. No numbers I could grab that would help others unfortunately.
I'll be keeping an eye on it, but so far....no complaints.

Attachments

• DSCI0041b.jpg
    DSCI0041b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCI00010.jpg
    DSCI00010.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member